Albany, NY (SBWIRE) 09/13/2017 According to Orphan Drug Designation program of the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA), orphan diseases are defined as rare diseases that affects less than 2,00,000 Americans. The global orphan drugs market is expected to benefit from patent extensions like Orphan Drug Exclusivity (ODE), increasing focus of vendors on orphan drug products, and financial incentives provided by government in form of tax credits and waived FDA fees. For instance, the FDA grants a seven-year patent exclusivity to orphan drugs to treat a rare disease. Therefore, any other drug with the same indication cannot be approved by the FDA during these seven-years period.In addition, they also provide tax credits up to 50% of the total R&D cost after the drug receives the orphan drug designation. This credit can be used by the sponsor during the R&D phase of any drug irrespective of the drug designation. The orphan designated drugs are also exempted from paying the FDA fees. Thus, these financial incentives and grants for orphan drug attract many vendors to invest in developing drugs for rare diseases and make huge profits.The global orphan drugs market to grow at a CAGR of 10.20% during the period 2017-2021. The report covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of the global orphan drugs market for 2017-2021. To calculate the market size, the report presents a detailed picture of the market by way of study, synthesis, and summation of data from multiple sources.Click to get sample PDF with TOC: http://www.researchmoz.us/enquiry.php?type=S&repid=1059719The market is divided into the following segments based on geography:
- EMEATechnavio's report, Global Orphan Drugs Market 2017-2021, has been prepared based on an in-depth market analysis with inputs from industry experts. The report covers the market landscape and its growth prospects over the coming years. The report also includes a discussion of the key vendors operating in this market. Browse more details at: http://www.researchmoz.us/global-orphan-drugs-market-2017-2021-report.htmlKey vendors
- F. Hoffmann La Roche
- NovartisOther prominent vendors
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Eli Lilly
- Johnson & Johnson
- Novo Nordisk
- Teva pharmaceuticalMarket driver
- Large growth opportunities through orphan drug designation.
- For a full, detailed list, view our report Key questions answered in this report
- What will the market size be in 2021 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?About ResearchMoz
ResearchMoz is the world's fastest growing collection of market research reports worldwide. Our database is composed of current market studies from over 100 featured publishers worldwide. Our market research databases integrate statistics with analysis from global, regional, country and company perspectives. ResearchMoz's service portfolio also includes value-added services such as market research customization, competitive landscaping, and in-depth surveys, delivered by a team of experienced Research Coordinators.Contact Us:
Albany NY - 12207
Tel: 866-997-4948 (Us-Canada Toll Free)
Follow us on LinkedIn at: http://bit.ly/1TBmnVGFor more information on this press release visit: http://www.sbwire.com/press-releases/global-orphan-drugs-market-to-grow-at-a-cagr-of-1020-during-2017-2021-abbvie-celgene-f-hoffmann-la-roche-novartis-863545.htm
Media Relations ContactMr.Nachiket
Researchmoz Global Pvt. Ltd.
Email: Click to Email Mr.Nachiket